First couple days of vacation

Vacation has been a whirlwind so far, we left on Saturday around noon, my sister came to the house to pick me up after my wet 14 mile run, by the time we got to Carlisle to pick up my mom and nephew I was starving.  We only made it to Brinkley before we had to make our first stop for lunch, Subway.  We were off again, me driving, Vanessa in front with me and my mom and nephew in the back seat and they brought enough crap for a month!

Our next stop was in Dixon, TN, I’m thinking it was around 4:30 or so because I was starving again.  This is where I saw my mom with this look of despair “I left my purse in the bathroom”, what? I told her to get it and she said I can’t there’s a man in there? I said what? She said she was in the Men’s bathroom. OMG.  She was standing in front of the Men’s restroom door, knocking, because there was someone in there, a man or course, “can you please hand me my purse”, I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but she just stood there and I stood there with her.  I asked her how much cash she had in her purse, she said about $200, but if I know her it was more.  The man was taking forever, I was thinking he was in there going through her purse, taking her cash, getting her credit card numbers, whatever, he had her purse.  He finally came out of the bathroom and he was a cutie pie, handed the purse to her and said “I didn’t touch it”, she didn’t even count her money or anything.  The guy went about his business in the store and apparently he didn’t take anything.  I just couldn’t believe she left her purse in the Men’s room.

After that fiasco we were on our way to hopefully Knoxville, TN, well we didn’t make it that far either, we were just into Nashville and William saw a sign for the Parthenon, I told him it was an exact replica, but smaller so he wanted to go see it, we took the exit and then couldn’t fine it.  We put it into the Garmin and finally got there, and oh no, they were having some sort of arts fair too in the same park as the Parthenon.  By now it was about 5 or 5:30 and there was a wedding going on at the Parthenon so we couldn’t get very close to it, and everyone but me wanted to go to the Arts fair, we stayed there till it closed at 7pm, this has put us way behind.

We did decide to drive out of Nashville though, but only made it to Lebanon, we were hungry and tired, my legs were stiff and tired, and I hadn’t gotten much sleep so a bed sounded good.  We stopped at a Comfort Inn and unloaded the monster suitcases into the room and then headed down to O’Charleys for dinner.  I had a Key West Citrus Mahi that was delicious, but the service was a little slow so we didn’t get back to the room until about 9pm.  Finally got to bed around 10pm, sleeping with my mom, it’s been a long time since I’ve said that.

We needed to get an early start on Sunday to make it to Asheville, but my Mom is a late sleeper and we were worried we wouldn’t get anywhere, but we did end up getting out of Lebanon around 7:30am and into Asheville at 12:30, because we lost an hour due to time change into EST.

We went directly to Information at the Biltmore, and decided to buy a 2 day pass which was a little pricey, $57.00, it was already 1:00 and we knew we couldn’t see everything in 1 day.  More on Biltmore tomorrow.

Well, it’s bed time again, almost, I’m pooped, we are in Spruce Pine, NC, home of Gem Mountain, not too far north of Asheville.  We are heading to the coast tomorrow, long day.


One Response

  1. Sounds like I’m missing all the fun and excitement!!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: