Sunday/Monday Runs

I wasn’t planning on running on Sunday, in fact I said NO, I am not running on Sunday, but Kim said “I think it would be good for you to run 3 or 4 miles”, so I relented and I met her at my new house on Sunday morning around 7:00 or so, can’t even remember what time it was.  I know it was humid and pretty warm when we started running, I had been updating my blog and logging my miles from my Garmin when she got here, so I finished that up and we headed out.  She wanted 8 miles, but I thought I might get 3 or 4, my legs were tight from my long run on Saturday, but I definitely needed the mileage.

We had only been running a few minutes when I looked down at my Garmin and noticed it was not logging our mileage, only the time, damn it!  When I was inside logging my miles a message on the screen said “are you inside” I clicked yes, so when I went outside I did not reset it, I thought it would just pick up the satellite, nope.  I had to turn it off and then back on, we estimated we had run about 3/4  of a mile and we were off again.

I was really tired, I had slept like a rock the night before on the couch at my former house and could have used some more sleep, but I needed to do tons of stuff at the new house, I also had to be back to let the floor guys in at 8am for the last coat of poly and any touch ups.  I was glad we ran, but I was also glad when we were finished too.  I think I ran about 3.25 miles, good enough.  Kim went ahead and ran the rest of her mileage.

Today we met again, she had 9 miles, I wanted around 5.  Tired again, all this house stuff is not allowing me to get fully rested.  We started running a little bit after 6am, it was humid again, but at least there was a breeze, we have a 4.25 mile loop that we like in the mornings, nice and shaded, but there are a few hills.  We did the loop, got a few errant sprays from some sprinklers and we were back with 4.75 miles, good enough.  Made coffee and had time to relax a bit before Kim had to leave and I had to start working.

The floors look fabulous, they are finished, but will take a couple of days to fully cure where I can move in, I’m planning on staying here from now on.  I have my card table set up in the kitchen so I can work, it’s not the best of conditions, but I’m now at my new home.  I miss my kitties, I’ve decided to wait until everything is settled before I bring them here, they would be insane if I brought them over now.

I still have to paint the ceilings of two rooms, the trim in all rooms, both bathrooms and the kitchen.  The outside needs some major cleaning and the yard needs to be mowed.  I don’t know when I’ll find the time, oh and of course I have to work at least 8 hours a day and let’s not forget the San Francisco Marathon on August 3rd.  We are leaving on July 31st returning on August 6th, I need a mini me.  I have to get back to work now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: