Wild Things!

It’s been a crazy week!  I’ve been extra busy at work, still can’t get a handle on my workload and I hate it, no sense of accomplishment, ever.  Very frustrating, it makes everything just a little more stressful.

It’s definitely summertime running, temperatures not getting below 70, usually our 5am runs have been around 72-75 degrees and muggy.  Not complaining too much, its lots better than winter, no decisions as to what to wear each morning, as little as possible. 

Ran with Sheryl on Tuesday night, which was probably the hottest run of the week, I’m guessing around 90 degrees, humid with little or no breeze at all.  We had a choice whether to run at the track with the Firecracker 5K group or the Go Running group, Kim wanted us to run with the Go Running group and we thought it would not be as bad since we wouldn’t A) be on the track and B) we would have some shade.  Well, we had some shade and we weren’t on the track, but it was hot and our speed showed it, I think our pace was around 11:00 minute miles and then Kim backed out on us 🙂 

Took Wednesday off from running, but was back in full force on Thursday with both a morning run with Kim around the hood where Kim scared the crap out of me!  We were over on the back side of Lake #2 when she said “Oh my God! Stop!”  I was looking all around, figured a snake, but she said no, it’s a FOX!  Sure enough over on the left hand side of the road there was a fox, just staring at us.  We weren’t sure what to do.  He was skinny and probably looking for rabbits, I knew we were not his prey, but I sure didn’t want a fox chasing us.  We looked away and walked on the opposite side of the street.  He finally sat down just like a dog.  We kept looking over our shoulders at him, it was the wildest thing!  A car finally came along and scared him off.  Whew!  I thought we had seen him before back in the winter when it was dark in the mornings, we saw something at that same spot, the silhouette looked like a fox, now I’m pretty certain that’s what it was.

Thursday night was our run with the Little Rock marathon group at Easy Runner, but at around 5:30 it was storming and pouring buckets!  I was running late because I had employees wanting paychecks and for some reason I was having computer issues, of course.  I had sent Sheryl a text and told her to sign me in.  I ended up getting over to Easy Runner just a little after 6pm, it was still lightning a bit, but the rain had let up.  We all ended up waiting about 15 minutes more until the storm passed and ran in the rain.  It was actually pretty nice not running in the 90 degree heat.  We had a decent run even though it was hills, again.

Friday it was raining so another rest day, my head was celebrating, but my fat ass was not.  For some reason I keep getting fatter, maybe I should quit eating so much.  According to my scales I gained 4.5 pounds in 1 week, is that possible?  Holy Shit that pisses me off!  Where the hell did I put 4.5 pounds, oh there it is, in my fat ass!!!  Geez….

Saturday, oh my, well it started off at 6am at ADEQ close to the River Trail.  Sheryl and kami where there too, but no Tammy.  Sheryl and kami were running 4 miles, me and Kim 10, Kim had gotten there at 5am and had already run 4 miles, training for her 50 miler. 

We realized it was going to be a scorcher when it started out at 78 degrees and super humid, sweating before we got a 1/4 mile into our run.  I was having problems breathing early on, not sure why, fat? probably.  We, me, Sheryl and Kim stopped at Cook’s landing to go to the bathroom, we noticed lots of bikers, lots more than normal.  Then we noticed some had race numbers, hmmm, didn’t think much about it and we were off again.

We lost Sheryl and Kami at Cook’s and we were on our own.  Lots of bikes, lots.  We were running on the River Trail and noticed tons of cars parked over at the soccer field, hmmm, it is some sort of race, we could see the Start banner.  We stopped at the nice new bathroom around mile 4 and ran into some girls on bikes.  They told us it was the Tour de Rock, all different mileage and they would be heading in the same direction as we were, uhh, okay.  She thought we might encounter the mass close to the Quarry and we might have to give way for a minute or two.  Okay, by us, we probably had about 1.5 miles to go before we turned around.

As we were coming up to the wooden bridge, behind us I could hear this roar, first it sounded like bees buzzing, it got louder and louder and then OMG!  It was the leaders of the race, zoom, zoom, I think I let out a little scream.  We looked back and there were hundreds of bikes, HUNDREDS!  We stopped and just watched, it was too dangerous to keep running.  We thought the mass of bikes had passed us and we started running again, but here they came, more bikes!  They even warned us “lots more bikes coming”, OMG, it was insane.  We thought we might wait a couple of minutes, but no way, we would have been there for 30 minutes or more waiting for them to get across the wooden bridge so we decided to turn around and take the soccer field route back.

We walked a few times, I just couldn’t breath, it was hot, but that wasn’t it, my heart rate was high, it wouldn’t settle in.  Normally, it gets to about 148 or 150, but it stayed around 160, which made me more out of breath, ugh.  I thought the run would never be over.  We only ended up with 9 miles, even though we took the long route back through the soccer fields, I felt like we ran 10 miles, oh well.

We had ice-cold Diet Mt. Dew’s waiting on us when we finished, oh man they were so good!  We stretched and then headed to my most hated store, Wal-Mart, I needed cat food, it happened to be the closest and it was actually a nice store (maumelle).  After that adventure I headed home to get the yard mowed and then later to see Baby S, she of course never woke up the whole time I was there, hoping she will at least wake up a bit when I go back this afternoon.

I have not had any energy today, no I did not run, thought about it, but just didn’t want to and my legs didn’t want to either, so we slept in to a whopping 5:30am!  Read the paper, drank coffee, washed clothes, played on the computer a bit, but just have no “umph”.  Maybe because my fat ass is lazy 😦

Back to running in the morning, gotta get this weight back off, hate it, makes me hate myself, jiggle butt.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: